振文書院

Jhen Wen Academy

 

點此聽英文語音導覽
(下方有中文解說文字)

110年教育部補助社區大學提升民眾英語學習力實施計畫-平原社大-從在地到國際

點此聽台語語音導覽
(下方有中文解說文字)

113年教育部補助辦理本國語文教育活動計畫-台語數位語音系統建置-西螺鎮

Zhenwen Academy is located at the intersection of Xingnong West Road and Wenchang Road.   Its predecessor was Wenchang Emperor's Temple, built in the second year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty (1797).   It dedicated to Wenchang Zitong Emperor, Wenheng Emperor, Fuyou Emperor, Zhuyi Emperor, and Luyi Emperor , Commonly known as the Five Emperors of Wenchang.  The townsfolk call it the "Wenci Temple".   In the Wenci Temple, there has been associations such as Zhenwen Society, Tan Society, and Yi Fu Society, for gatherings of literati and scholars who love poetry.   In the 17th year of Jiaqing (1812), Zhenwen Society Wang Youcheng and others proposed the establishment of the academy. Liao Chenghe and other officials enthusiastically donated funds to build the academy.   It was completed the following year.   There is an ancient plaque of 1813 (Jiaqing Guiyou) on the beam, which reads "A Thousand Autumn Book Ancestor". 

振文書院位於興農西路與文昌路口,其前身為文昌帝君祠,建於清嘉慶二年(1797),禮奉文昌梓潼帝君、文衡帝君、孚佑帝君、朱衣帝君、綠衣帝君,俗稱五大文昌帝君;鎮民稱其為「文祠廟」,文祠內曾設「振文社」與「菼社」「義孚社」等社團,供愛好詩詞的文人雅士聚會。嘉慶17年(1812),振文社王有成等倡議成立書院,廖澄河等仕紳熱心捐資興建,次年告成,樑上懸有1813(嘉慶癸酉)年梅月古匾,寫著「千秋書祖」字。

The layout of the Zhenwen Academy consists of only the main hall and the worship hall, while the lecture hall is merged with the worship space. The mountain gate was added in 1987.   It adopts a Xieshan-style roof and a bucket arch structure, with stone pillars, stone drums, stone boxes, and traditional mortises and tenons mothod that were carved out in the 18th year of Guangxu (1892). The construction method seems to be full of antiquity and is quite in harmony with the main hall.   The roof of worship hall is rolling shed of Xieshan-style with delicate fragmented art.      The main hall is a hard mountain-style building with front and rear eaves, and a seven-story pagoda on the top.     Two sides of eaves connect to the roof ridge.     The eaves and the side wall of the traditional house were built an even surface.     The wooden foundation was based on the penetration structure.     The roofs of the sides of Taiwanese traditional house were built like a mountain top.

振文書院的格局,只有正殿和拜殿,講堂則和祭祀的空間合併。山門是民國76年所增建,它採用歇山式的屋頂和斗拱式的結構,搭配光緒18年(1892)即已刻勒而成的石柱、石鼓、石箱,以及傳統建築的卯榫工法,看起來古意盎然,和主殿頗為協調。拜殿是捲棚歇山頂,頂上的燕尾、剪黏雕飾極為細緻;正殿為前後出簷的硬山式建築,頂上有七層寶塔;東西廂房是硬山式建築,大木結構為穿斗式,馬背屬於木型。

In the past, there are 4 academies in Yunlin County and they are Longmen Academy, Kui-Wen Academy, Zhen-wen Academy and Xiu-Wen Academy.   Because of its folk religious beliefs, Zhenwen Academy can continue to maintain well and is the only remaining academy in Yunlin County.   In 1985, the Ministry of the Interior officially listed it as a third-class historical site, and allocated funds for repairing and rebuilding a “mountain and river gate” and it was completed in 1989.  It is the most precious cultural asset of Xiluo, which proves the prosperity of Xiluo area since the Qing Dynasty.

過去雲林縣有龍門書院、奎文書院、振文書院和修文書院。振文書院因為兼具民間宗教信仰的緣故,所以能持續屹立,為雲林縣碩果僅存的書院。1985年由內政部正式列為三級古蹟,並撥款維修,補建山川門一座,1989年完竣,是西螺最珍貴的文化資產,足以證明清代以來西螺地區的文風鼎盛。

更多景點介紹